Corporate Counsel Men of Color® (“CCMC”), a subsidiary of Corporate Counsel Women of Color and a support network for men of color, will convene its inaugural Men of Color Career|Life Strategies and Power Networking Conference on June 15, 2018, at the Marriott Marquis Convention Center in Washington, D.C. The event will have attendees from multiple industries, including STEM, law, and finance, just to name a few. In addition to an itinerary filled with informative sessions, workshops, and headlining speakers, CCMC will also host a Golf Networking Tournament and Luncheon the day prior, on June 14, 2018, at the National Golf Club in Fort Washington, Maryland.
CCMC gained national headlines last year when it launched the groundbreaking Men of Color survey, which measured and assessed the experiences of men of color in the workplace. Uniquely, the survey was open to men of color in all industries and measured seven key components: (1) Career Goals, (2) Feedback and Relationships, (3) Diversity and Initiatives Within the Company, (4) Company Culture, (5) Sponsorship, (6) Employee Engagement, and (7) Future Plans to Stay or Leave Their Current Company. This year’s event programming is centered around the survey components and will address relevant topics such as leadership, career management, leading teams, health and wellness, and financial management.
“The first Men of Color event will be a forum where we can share the current findings from the study and focus groups, and to provide support to career-minded men of color who are looking to advance in their respective industries,” said Laurie N. Robinson Haden, Founder and CEO of CCWC. “This cutting-edge event will be life-changing for men of color as it is the event that will leave attendees feeling empowered and will set them on a course of being all they were created to be to achieve greatness,” said Conference Host David P. Haden, Sr.
Hines E. Ward, Jr., former wide receiver for the 2006 Super Bowl XL Champion Pittsburgh Steelers and voted MVP of Super Bowl XL for his outstanding performance, will be a featured keynote speaker for the conference and will participate in a fireside chat. “A Conversation with Football Legend Hines E. Ward, Jr.” will take place from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m on June 15, 2018.
Other thought leaders and motivational and noteworthy speakers featured during the CCMC conference include:
* Clarence Otis, Jr. (former CEO, Darden Restaurants, and Board Member, Verizon)
* Rodney Slater (former Secretary of Transportation and Partner, Squire Patton Boggs LLP)
* Dr. Ian Smith (Fitness Expert and Author)
* Congressman Hakeem Jeffries (Eighth District — New York
* Chef Jeff Henderson (Chef, Author, and Star of “Flip My Food”)
* Lloyd Boston (Stylist and Author)
* Susan L. Taylor (Editor-in-Chief Emeritus, Essence Magazine)
* B. Doyle Mitchell, Jr. (President & CEO, Industrial Bank)
* Rev. Dr. Grainger Browning, Jr. (Senior Pastor, Ebenezer A.M.E. Church in Fort Washington, Maryland)
* Manny Gonzales (Senior Director — Multicultural, Moët Hennessy USA)
* Steve Pemberton (Chief Diversity Officer, Walgreens Boots Alliance and Best-Selling Author)